Saturday, December 16, 2023

 It has definitely been awhile. I must get back to keeping this going! Tonight there is a challenge from Linda Stufflebean who sent in an update to her "December Meme" from last year to Genea-Musings by Randy Seaver.

 Here are the 20 Questions:


1.  What is one genea-accomplishment in 2023 of which you are proud? Participating in the premier of the MyHeritage Wiki by providing a page on lineage societies. I am now proof-reading and editing other pages that are ready to post.
2.  Which (realistic) genea-gift would you most appreciate this year? Finding the ancestors of my my 2nd great-grandfather, John H. Kilmer
3.  What item on your not-so-realistic wish list for Santa would you most appreciate this year Finding more information on my Werner/Sprengle lines from East Prussia.
4.  Have you written any genea-books (with mostly text) to give as holiday gifts? No, but I am working on one.
5.  Have you created any photo family history books to give as holiday gifts? Not this year, but I have made family calendars for both my family lines and my late husband's lines.
6.  What is your favorite holiday main course food? Ham and potato salad
7.   What is your favorite holiday dessert? All of them but particularly fond of my black cherry jello and fruit bowl. Or pecan pie.
8.  Which food do you eat too much during the holidays? Always cookies
9.  Share a favorite holiday memory. My husband played Santa Claus for our children when they were younger. He made a personal visit on Christmas morning to 3 sleepy children. As they came down the stairs, they saw Santa putting presents under the tree. Santa was able to stay for pictures but had to finish his route. As the children were in the dining room finding other presents, Santa would leave by the front door with a Ho-Ho-Ho - Merry Christmas and jingle his bells. Shortly after dad would come downstairs to see what was all the noise about It was always - Dad, You missed Santa again! My girls were 12 and 13 before they realized who Santa was. It was the best of times.
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohmiHEWXOrw
 
10.  Have you continued any ethnic food or cultural activities that have been passed down through the family? We had no particular activities. We created our own by always closing our pocket doors on Christmas Eve and lighting candles with the soft glow of the Christmas tree. A time of peace and quiet.
11.  Do you prefer warm sunshine or snow on Christmas Day? A light coating of snow.
12.  Did you break through any brick walls in 2023? Yes! I found the correct maiden name of my 2nd great-grandmother who married John H Kilmer. Her maiden name was Sarah Raught.
13.  Do you have a 2023 genea-goal which could have been accomplished, but over which you’ve procrastinated or from which you’ve been distracted? Working on my book about the Werner family
14.  Have you ever gone holiday caroling? Yes
15.  Do you have any favorite holiday decorations? I have a nice collection of Santa Claus. I also like musical decorations. I just divided our early ornaments from 1960 to my 3 children.
16.  Who is the singer you most enjoy listening to during the holiday season? I don't know that I have a favorite singer - I prefer the instrumentals.
17.  Have there been any Christmas Day calamities that you remember? Not that I remember
18.  If Santa invited you to hitch a ride in his sleigh, where would you like him to drop you off? Prescott, AZ to see my sister and other family there.
19.  If you had to choose right this minute – which ancestor would you most like to meet? Choose an ancestor about whom you’ve researched in 2023. My maternal great-grandmother, Augusta Sprengel who came to America from East Prussia with a 2 year old and a 2 week old! She suffered greatly on the voyage over, but survived with the help of other passengers.
20.  Share one of your 2024 genealogy goals. To finish my book on my Werner/Sprengel family.

No comments:

Post a Comment