Wednesday, March 5, 2014

How did they meet?

Fearless Females: 31 Blogging Prompts to Celebrate Women’s History Month.
March 5 — How did they meet? You’ve documented marriages, now, go back a bit. Do you know the story of how your parents met? Your grandparents?

My parents, Wayne Lance and Allene Werner met at a high school musical event. My dad had already graduated from high school and was in a musical group that played for many school events.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
My dad's parents, Vernon and Flossie Wallington Lance said they met at a family reunion at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio. These grandparents were the impetus to get me started in genealogy. They had always said they were 5th or 6th cousins, but I found out they were actually full 3rd cousins.



 Flossie Wallington Lance and Vernon Lance

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
My mom's parents, Ed Werner and Viola Pfeiffer met through the sisters of Ed Werner. Viola was teaching school in the Grafton Township area of Lorain County, Ohio. Two of Ed's sisters were in Viola's class.
Ed & Viola Pfeiffer Werner

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
My husband and I met on a double date. I was dating a friend of his, and my husband was dating a friend of mine.
Margaret Lance & Ralph Cheney

~ ~ ~ ~ ~



No comments:

Post a Comment